TransportDownload Data Sheet PDF
Connect with customers on a whole new level
The Tendril Transport is an IP gateway device that provides the home area network (HAN) a connection to the Internet, opening a new channel of interaction and collaboration between consumers and energy providers. With the Tendril Transport, customers gain more access to energy-related information and more control over energy consumption decisions. Energy providers can better manage supply, demand response, load control and reduce operational costs.
Share information and responsibility
The Tendril Transport delivers two-way information to consumers and energy service providers, giving insight into household energy footprints. Consumers can receive energy-related information through their Tendril Energize™ application suite or Tendril Insight in-home display. Both consumers and providers share information such as:
- Current price and consumption information
- Regular consumption information for historical benchmarking
- Commissioning, registration, and diagnostics messaging
- Demand response and load control messages and commands
The Tendril Transport, as part of an energy provider’s demand response, load control, energy efficiency or smart energy programs, enables customers to:
- Plug into a provider’s network using their existing high-speed Internet connection to create a smart energy HAN
- Send and receive energy-related information from their provider, including current price and consumption data, up-to-date billing information, and registration and diagnostics messages
- Access and understand appliance and outlet energy level usage
- Assess environmental impacts
The Tendril Transport enables a high bandwidth channel into the HAN so consumers can remotely configure and control appliances, such as the Tendril SetPoint thermostat. The Transport uses ZigBee® standard communications, thus creating an open architecture with which other ZigBee® HAN device suppliers can integrate, to access Tendril Connect™, the platform of the energy Internet.
Contact us today for more information or to speak with a technical specialist.
Tendril products are available through participating energy service providers. Contact your utility with inquiries and requests for available Tendril products.